Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I'm Gonna Win!

"Dark is the night, I can weather the storm. Never say die, I've been down this road before. I'll never quit. I'll never lay down. See I promised myself that I'd never let me down." Just a few lines from Brian Mcknight's song "Win". I think this is my theme song at this moment. This is a long day for me. I've been very busy preparing for our prelim exams and stuff. Before I left the house, my mom was asking me of what time will I be going home. She knows that my class is just until 1:30 but since I told her that we have a meeting about our Departmental Christmas Party, she asked me of what time will I arrive home. She told me to wash my uniform if I will be home early cause she can't do it for me. They have to attend my cousin in law's internment this afternoon. I told her that I'll just wash my uniform when I got home. I wasn't really in the mood cause I was supposed to go with them but I can't because of my classes. My first class is supposed to be at 10:30 a.m. today but I came to school at pass 11 already... hah! I'm late! I plan not to attend my first class cause it's really late. I was heading at the 2nd. floor of our main building when I saw my classmates outside room 205 where we were supposed to have a class. I asked them why they were not entering the room and they told me that our professor wasn't around yet because of her meeting. They also said that maybe she will no longer attend our class because it's really late. Thank heavens for that! I won't be marked absent. I entered the room and sat beside my classmate who used to be my acquaintance in school. Then after a few moments, we had an argument about our Departmental Christmas Party. All third year students were assigned to organize that event because it's part of our exam in FoodProd but sad to say, only few people do the assigned responsibilities. Maybe that's the reason why he started to nag at me and my other classmate who's in the room (actually, it was just five of us in that room because my other classmates all went out). He said things that I can't take anymore that's why I got mad and walked out of our room. I'm patient but I was so fed up that time. I just can't contain the madness. Why does he keeps on nagging at me when he doesn't know what's really happening with my life? Sometimes, people really tends to be self centered. So the best way I thought I could do was to get out and leave him and let my madness went away. I didn't talk to him for a while but good thing everything was settled before the day ends. We went to the class of other students in our department and explained what will going to happen on the event. I was really tired and hungry and we still have our exam tommorrow so I still need to review... we still need to review but I can't go home and just leave my obligations behind. Also one of our professors told us that we still have a meeting so I stayed at school until 5:30 p.m. I just decided to go home when I felt that there'll be no meeting that will happen. I'm really pressured. I can feel it. I wasn't a born leader and I'm not even trained to be one. I used to be a follower when I was in gradeschool and highschool but eveything changed when I got to College. It's like people expects a lot from me that I can't even handle the pressure on my shoulders. I know I need to do all those things but I also need their help. If only they knew what I feel. I could just imagine how they were like when they were in my shoes. I need their cooperation. Not just two or three or four people. I hope they realize that. But as I told myself, I won't ever give up. I can do all of these. I believe I can and I know someone will help me from up there. I'll hold on to my faith. And as the song goes... "I'll never give up. I'll never give in. Never let a ray of doubt slip in. And if I fall, I'll never fail. I'll just get up and try again. I'll never lose hope, never lose faith. There's much, too much at stake. Upon myself I must depend. I'm not looking for place ashore. I'M GONNA WIN!"

No comments: