Saturday, March 17, 2007

Away from Home

I've just got home last night from our Cebu - Bohol tour. I've been out for almost a week and I miss our house so much. The tour was fun. I enjoyed it but there's a part of my brain that was left in our house. Maybe it's because we had a problem just before I left the house. My mom and my older sister had an argument and it's because of me. I understand why my ate got so mad because I also made a mistake but I think she just don't understand mama's point that she just want to help me. It's just too personal so I won't say it here in details. While I'm on tour, I can't help but think how things were going on in our house or was my parents o.k., was mama having a hard time taking care of my nephews, was my father feeling sick... things like that. I also had a lot of physical and emotional stress while I'm on tour. I'm with my classmates and I met a lot of people there. We sailed on the ship, ride on the bus, slept on a hotel... Actually, we lacked sleep because we had a lot of activities. We also had a training onboard. It's all fun but tiring as well. I think I gained more weight because we're also eating a lot while having a tour. When it comes to emotional stress, I could say that I hold my temper well. I was so sensitive but I just kept it all in. It's hard 'cause there were times when I want to shout and say things that I wanna say but I can't... and I don't. I've understand that people really have different personality. I can't please all the people around me, even if they were my friends. I just felt bad that I'm the only one who's adjusting to them and they don't adjust to me. Maybe it's also my fault 'cause I was so sensitive but as what I said I just kept it all in. I don't say anything that could hurt them. On the lighter side, I still enjoyed our tour. We went to different spots on Bohol and Cebu. I even bought their delicacies and souvenirs a long with my classmates. Too bad I wasn't able to buy a guitar 'cause it's too expensive. In that five days that I was out of our house, I really learned a lot. There was one line that I used to remember... "People can have skills and intelligence but they cannot succeed if they don't have the attitude". It's how you handle things that was going your way. Everyday of our life is a journey. It's not always a smooth sailing trip. We will always encounter hard roads but we should find a way to get through it. Being away from home was not easy. We will meet a lot of people and we have to deal with them. Really, there's no place like home. It's always safe and comfortable in our own house. c,")

No comments: